Saturday, March 8, 2014

The other shoe drops

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I did not have any pain in my mouth. I was, however, exhausted and took two naps, although I did manage to get in a dog walk.

The other shoe dropped this morning when I woke up at about 6 a.m. with a throbbing pain where the tooth was. I took some oxycodone and tried to go back to sleep, but Maddie put her face on the edge of my bed and won the staredown. When the pill wears off later, I will try to see if I can get on with the things I have planned.

In the "there's always something department," I got the results from the biopsy Dr. Lin did of a spot on the back of my neck. It is another squamous cell "in situ," meaning it is on the surface and in the early stages. Did I say something about not going back to Boston until May? Well, cancel that. I'll have to go back in a couple of weeks to have that spot surgically removed as well as another one on my wrist.

When I called Dr. Neel's office to make an appointment for the Mohs procedure, the nurse said they would get me in quickly because I am considered high risk. Nice to get in quickly, especially considering how in my old life I sometimes had to wait months to get a dermatology appointment, but a little jarring to be called high risk, even though I know that's what I am.

But the sun is shining, the coffee is good, and the temperature has climbed out of the single digits.

No comments: