Sunday, March 9, 2014

Dreams of running and other stuff

In my recurring dream, I am running effortlessly.

I had this dream the other night, and it was my motivation for giving it a try yesterday. The temperature was in the low 50s, and I was nice and stretched out after a good yoga class when, for the first time, I didn't need to use the wall.

So I set out on my beginner's run from my house to the lower lake and back, a little over a mile. It was far from effortless, but I did it without tripping and only walked up the last little hill, which is a big hill if you are starting over again.

The question did run through my mind, "Why are you doing this"? I read somewhere that the best compliment to give a runner is to say he or she is crazy. Sometimes this refers to running ultra long distances or running in horrible weather, but in my case at this point it refers to starting up again when there really is no need, because I still feel like a runner and that's what runners do.

If you have a favorite pair of earrings, you will understand this part. I had slept in my little blue sapphire earrings, and when I woke up, I only had one in. I had already lost one of these and had gotten a replacement from the jewelry store in Newton where I had bought them. At first I couldn't find it in the sheets, but…success!…there it was. I never found the earring back, and you might know that these disappear like socks, but I did find one in my jewelry box. I put two little plastic thingies on the backs so they will stay in place.

I gave Maddie her morning hug, and, honest honest, she gave me a nice smile in return.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Awesome, Ronni! Such grit and persistence. Run, run, run! Hugs, Jim