Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Robin Roberts been lucky in her cancer fight

In my latest post on Newsmax Health, I discuss the good luck that Robin Roberts has had so far in her cancer fight.

In talking about Roberts' bone marrow transplant, I "reminisced" about all the restrictions that followed mine. I couldn't quite understand how Roberts' doctors allowed her to return to work on Good Morning America five months after transplant, while the general rule is one year. She must have been very persuasive.

Anyway, in writing the blog post, I pulled out my big white binder filled with information on stem cell transplant. I don't know why I have kept it so long. Maybe because Mary Lou is on the cover. I reread all the restrictions and was so glad to be eating a bowl of fresh berries as I wrote.


No comments: