Friday, April 24, 2015

Help wanted

My ECP procedure at Dana-Farber starts on Monday, and I am trying to figure out a way to get some help with driving without putting anyone out too much.

I don't like to ask, and I have a feeling that a former good friend dropped out of sight because I asked too much.

But if I do all the driving myself, I am afraid that I might drive myself into the ground, not literally, I hope, but just in terms of fatigue, especially driving back after the Tuesday procedure.

So, it goes like this: I leave Western Mass around 12:30 p.m. Mondays (after hopefully getting in the 9 to 10:30 a.m. tennis clinic). Then I return on Tuesday after the procedure is done. It starts at 7 a.m. and lasts for about three hours.

I am wondering if perhaps someone could drive me one way and somebody else pick me up. This would only work if I stayed at Diane and David's as opposed to Margaret's because I could go back and forth on the T.

I would provide gas, EZ Pass, coffee and scintillating conversation.

On Monday I'm going to do it by myself because I'm staying at Margaret's.

It shouldn't be too hard to pass the three hours. I can get some reading done: books from the pile next to my bed, the New York Times and the New Yorker...actually whole issues at a time. Also they have wi-fi so I can catch up on various TV series or watch a movie or even do some work. I have already talked to my friend, Dana-Farber photographer Sam Ogden, about stopping in to say hi, and also I hope that another Dana-Farber friend, Saul Wisnia, will drop by. It could turn into a regular social occasion.

No comments: