Thursday, July 17, 2014

Running is coming along

I ran three good miles today, opting again for the road instead of the path around the obstacle course of sticks and stones around the lake.

I went up to Ferry Street and then continued a little past Brunelle's Marina. It is so pretty out there. I started setting markers like I used to do, picking it up a notch between two points. You can't really get any faster if you just maintain the same pokey pace, plus it feels good to try a little harder. I think I'll stay at this distance for a while longer and then add a little at a time.

I'm going to New York today to get up bright and early tomorrow to go to The Today Show, where my cousin Chaska Potter and the band Raining Jane will play on the plaza. I'm looking forward to our mini-family reunion.

Saturday before I come back home, I hope to run around the Central Park Reservoir like I did on my last trip to New York. It is so much fun, especially when I am not struggling.

In other physical fitness news, I decided that instead of complaining about my no-longer-flat abs, I would do something about it. I'm going to try to go to Pilates more at the Y, for starters. I just never liked it as much as I like yoga, but since it's there, I should try it.

Also I looked up exercises on line and found Top 10 Abs Exercises  from Fitness Magazine. Some are the usual, such as plank, and for some that need a little explaining you can watch a short video.
The funny thing is that you have to watch the ads, which are all for ice cream.

I did them once and felt very virtuous. Now I have to do more than just write about it.

2 comments:

Julie Goodale said...

Well done. Have a good trip to NY.

Joanna said...

You are such a jock. I love Pilates but I certainly don't have flat abs!