Friday, July 4, 2014

Making comments about comments

My blog is among the many that have "comment moderation," meaning that I can see a comment before it goes on.

This is for avoiding spammers or just plain inappropriate comments, for example one time a bunch of us were deluged with comments by a Chinese spammer.

But there are other reasons for choosing not to publish. Often the comment is a means of getting you to click on the link to the name of the person or organization who has posted, in other words it is just a way of getting free advertising.

A while ago someone wrote:


Oh feeling bad to hear that you had such dental issues. But you are a brave person, I am 100% sure that you will win through all of your troubles of life. God bless and happy winning in advance :) on False teeth, here I come

I posted this one because it had come from the Glascow Denture Studio in Scotland, and I did not think that they were trying to lure the mostly-American readers of this blog across the pond to get dentures. I was actually touched that someone other than myself was feeling bad about my teeth.

People who want something usually preface their request with: "I follow your blog and I really find it inspirational.

I bet they say that to all the bloggers.

Readers sometimes want to write a guest post, but there are just too many requests to accommodate, plus a blog like this with a specific point of view isn't the right place them.

At times of a national observance week or month  – such as National Infertility Week in April –  people want to write guest posts on topics such as getting pregnant after cancer. A worthy topic but not relevant to this blog.

Occasionally someone will request to either write a post or have me write about a victim of mesothelioma,  an aggressive cancer related to asbestos exposure. These are sad stories, but like the cancer magazine to which I sometimes contribute, I could not even touch this due to the plethora of mesothelioma lawsuits in progress.

On a lighter note, someone recently wrote asking if I wanted to buy a "Cancer Sucks" T-shirt or other related merchandise. I already have a button to that effect that one of the nurses gave me, and that is all I need, thank you very much.



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Runder-Woman,

You never cease to amaze me! I cannot believe, but do, the number of people who want to profit from your blog!

On another note, I saw Marge and Bill yesterday -- glorious! gorgeous gal, like Lynne!
Incroyable!

Anonymous said...


My partner and I have been trying for a baby for over seven years, Finally i am now a mother now Anyone with this problem should please do contact doctor climent Scott now he will help you too I will only advice every other woman TRYING TO GET PREGNANT or have Fallopian tube issues, pcos and other infertility problem too do their research and don’t base your option only on anyone’s advise, I did and it resulted in waste of money and time. contact Dr climent on email: drclimentscott@gmail.com drclimentscott@gmail.com Or his whatsapp number. +2347036879479 because I have discover Dr climent. long time ago and I would have been pregnant earlier if I follow my heart and buy the herbal herbs but I disregard it because of my doctor’s advice and I am annoyed at myself but at the same time I am happy that I made the wise decision by going back to Dr climent, for his herbal herbs. Now I am a strong believer of this herbal herbs natural medicine. Thank You.contact Dr climent for bringing this joy into my home am so happy at last am now a mother of twins am the happiest woman on earth thank god i came back for your herbal herbs i no so many marriages out there finding it difficult to conceive i will surely encourage them to have fate and contact you on your email or number for help contact Dr climent now via drclimentscott@gmail.com drclimentscott@gmail.com Or his whatsapp number. +2347036879479 drclimentscott@gmail.com +2347036879479 +2347036879479

Anonymous said...

After many years of marriage with a wonderful husband no child until God use Dr.Ogbes to help me with his roots and herbs , first i thought the testimonies i see about Dr.Ogbes how he help women to conceive was not real but now i have confirm it my self with full assurance there is nothing God can not do thank you once again Dr.Ogbes for your help.you can email him or call via>>> landofanswer@gmail.com or call +2347050270227.

Latiesha Bell said...

I never thought that there will be a miracle on the internet until i came in contact with Priest Babaka, finally i made it with his help, with his spiritual power which was recommended by a lady in baby center he help before, i never believe it was real until i confirm it now because i have tried so many things to make sure i get pregnant but no luck, immediately i contact him. he did some spiritual prayers and send me a medicine which i took, i got pregnant three weeks after, and i now have a son to show. thank you so much priest and i recommend Priest Babaka for everyone out there that is willing to have a child of her own out there. contact him for help too he is real and powerful, i have confirmed it, contact him on email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

neme amber said...

Hello, everyone! I,m here to explore blogs and forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for (Herpes Virus).I was positive to the deadly virus called herpes and i lost hope because i was out casted and rejected even by my closet friends.i searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for Herpes and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from Herpes so i decided to contact the same herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything.i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will heal me with the natural herbs from God!after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via DHL and it got to me after 3 days!i used the med as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured!its really like a dream but i am so happy!thats the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me!and if you need his help, you can email him on nativehealthclinic@gmail.com, or whatsapp +2348140073965 I,m neme amber and you can get in touch with me via nemeamber@gmail.com..Contact him for help at Herpes virus HIV/AIDS CANCER COPD BRAIN TUMOR All kind of virus and disease //...

Tamara Barrow said...

There is a great herbal man called Dr voodoo who can cure Hepatitis B virus and other deadly diseases with the use of natural herbs to cure Hepatitis B virus problems. He is from Africa and he is a great doctor and he can also cure you as well if you are have the problem And other deadly disease and here is email address voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2348140120719 HERPES CURE,CANCER CURE,HIV/AIDS CURE,HPV CURE

KERISSA GLEN said...

I want to testify to everyone on how my husband and i got children after our 5 years of marriage. we got married and we could not conceive a child we have been to several hospitals for checking and the doctors always say that we are okay that nothing is wrong with us, we have been hoping for a child, my husband was beginning to keep late night outside and pressure from the family for him to marry another wife and divorce me, i was always crying and weeping because i was loosing my marriage. so i visited my friend in Florida and she told me that she also have been through this same situation but she got her help of getting pregnant from a Herbal Doctor of fertility,, so she told me that she will connect me to the Herbal Doctor and he will prepare a FERTILITY HERBAL SOAP for me to have my own child, i spent 4days with her in Florida and we both email the Herbal Doctor and he said i should bring all my information to him and he said in 3days the Fertility soap will be prepared and he will send/ship it to me through UPS, after I used it as he instructed, so i waited and i went back made love with my husband and i conceive. so i am very grateful to the Herbal Doctor for his help and miracle that help me save my marriage. please for same help getting pregnant, contact him on zicoherbalhome@gmail.com

Unknown said...

AM really grateful and thankful for what Dr voodoo
has done for me and my family. I Was having HIV/AIDS for good three years
with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and cause I was unable
to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one
faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great
man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he
cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him
today. if you need his help of you also want to get cured just the way I
got mine, add Dr voodoo on whatsApp: +2348140120719 or just contact Dr
voodoo via email, voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com