Sunday, August 11, 2013

A walk around the lake

I took my longest post-surgery walk this morning, going around the smaller lower lake and back through campus with Mary and Jerry.

We were about two minutes from my house when I said I couldn't make it anymore. Mary asked if I wanted Jerry to pull the car out to come get me. It was a joke, but I really was tired.

As I write this, my legs hurt. I drove to Best Buy this afternoon, and the only purchase I could think of was rechargeable AAA batteries for my land line. Last time Ben was home and the land line rang, he said, "I can't believe that you people still use land lines." Well, what can I say, I don't want to give it up.

When I got to Best Buy, I parked my car and took a power nap in the middle of the busy parking lot. I really needed to do it in order to get home safely.

I feel like I need to push it a little to build back up. After all, my legs hurt from lack of use. I'm going for my post-op Wednesday and will ask about it.

In any case, I have to stay awake for "Breaking Bad."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing -- Runder-Woman!

don't know how you do it...

xop