Sunday, June 10, 2012

Radio-Telethon here I come

I am trying to decide what to wear to my checkup tomorrow at Dana-Farber.

The satorial question tonight is of greater concern than how my counts will be, although as usual, when I go into Dana-Farber tomorrow, my test results will be on my mind, and I will feel those familiar nerves while waiting for them.

Tomorrow's visit will be different than the others because I will be filmed by NESN (New England Sports Network), checking in and greeting Dr. Alyea. It's all part of my upcoming participation in the WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon, in which Dana-Farber patients, parents, doctors, researchers, athletes and celebrities speak about what Dana-Farber has meant to them. It will air Aug. 21-22.

They were looking for a long-term survivor, and Saul Wisnia, my editor/friend at Dana-Farber, thought of me. NESN also plans to come to my house to interview me and film me running. Don't know when that will be.

It's exciting and a little bit scary. Ben, Joe and Katie will come with me in August because they invite family members to participate. We'll see a Red Sox game and schmooze with some players.

I have to be in Boston at 10:30 tomorrow for my blood draw. Also I am getting up early to see the rain-delayed men's final at the French Open, which begins at 7 a.m. and hopefully will finish by 8:30 when I need to leave.

I had thought of DVR-ing it, but Joe told me that such a thing is just not done for sports. Plus if I watch it live, I can discuss it with Dr. Alyea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I taught a class on TV through a project called "distance-learning"when I was at Freeport HS in the 90's. For these classes I was advised to wear white or bright solid colors of very small patterns near my face in order to get a good projection.
I'd be more concerned about my counts than my clothes unless you'll be alone on the screen. When will this air? Will it be available on stations outside of the Boston area? Good luck,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Dearest Runder-Woman,

Whatever you wear, you will look gorgeous! Graceful! Gracious! The Gordons' gal par-excellence!

xop