Tuesday, August 21, 2012

WEEI interview was fun

From left, Steve Buckley, me, Joe, Katie and Mike Mutnansky
I had a great experience this morning being interviewed by "Mut" ( Mike Mutnansky)  and "Buck" (Steve Buckley) on the WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund RadioTelethon to benefit the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

It's usually Mut and (Lou) Merloni, but Merloni is on vacation this week.

 I have to admit I was really nervous, but Ben, Joe and Katie kept telling me there was nothing to worry about. They were right. The two interviewers were incredibly friendly and warm and asked the right questions for me to be able to tell the "highlights" of my story in 15 minutes. Ben couldn't make it, but Joe and Katie were there, and they talked too.

Of course I talked about how wonderful Dana-Farber has been, and about how when I get asked why I don't get check-ups closer to home, I reply that I like going to Dana-Farber and touching base with my wonderful doctors and nurse practitioner.

They gave me four tickets to tonight's Red Sox game, where Ben will join us.

I'm so relieved that it's over and that tonight it's a time for fun. It would be extra nice if the Red Sox win, but the way things are going, who knows. The last time I watched a Red Sox game with Joe, they won, so maybe I'm good luck!

1 comment:

Jim said...

So awesome ... well done, Ronni!