Thursday, February 21, 2019

'Welcome to the Starbucks of pot shops'

View from the medical side of NETA
A funny thing happened today in my Bay Road tennis group.

My partner and I won a set 6-0. When we went to the net, she asked if they wanted cream cheese with their bagels. She has known them longer. I laughed and told her to ask if they wanted it with chives. They didn't seem to hear, though. "They don't think it's as funny as we think it is," she said.

We switched. I had another partner. We won 6-0. I would say that I was having a blast except that I don't like the word blast, because an excess of blasts (immature cells) in your blood is what happens when you get leukemia.

I was seeing and feeling the ball. Also, the neuropathy in my feet wasn't as bad as it has been. I am cautiously optimistic that my medical marijuana purchase might be helping. I feel slightly lighter on my feet. My defensive lob was happening instinctively. You don't want to do it all the time but it works when you need it. It wasn't a big part of my repertoire, so I took one lesson in doing it from Coach Michael at the Enfield Tennis Club, and then I figured it out. The critical player whom I've mentioned complimented me. Later she said it was like old lady tennis. I think her compliment might have been backhanded. But it didn't bother me. Much.

As I mentioned previously, I have been using some CBD lotion and drops. Last week I got a mixture of CBD and THC in some gummies. You don't need a medical card, but it helps both because you don't pay the tax and you do skip the line. So I took my new medical marijuana license over to NETA – New England Treatment Access – in Northampton. The menu is crazy. You almost need an advanced degree to understand it. Back in the day, who would have thunk.

When I pulled up, I saw that the crowds necessitated the presence of a police officer directing traffic. I rolled down my window. The police officer told me, "Welcome to the Starbucks of pot shops." As a patient, I got to walk straight through the main door, without waiting in a line outside, and then inside to the left, where there was also no line and where I sat down in front of shiny display cases. It was overwhelming. The staffer who helped me said that his mother has neuropathy and that marijuana got her off of prescription drugs.

I think forgot to say that I'm doing Livestrong at the Hampshire Regional YMCA. I put it on Facebook but not on my blog. More on that later, but I'll just say now that everyone who had chemotherapy now has neuropathy. Several said that they do not need prescription drugs, only some combination of CBD and THC. I don't know how theirs compares to mine in severity.

I'll bring all this up today when I see the neurologist in Boston. It will be interesting to hear his opinions on the whole cannabis thing.

3 comments:

Asim Khan said...

Another reliable resource that must be followed. The more ideas that you know the more chances you can get trough with it.. Thanks for sharing this post, it helped me a lot.

Unknown said...

Hello, Runder-Woman,
Perhaps a sympathetic reaction to you, but the reason for permanent neuropathy in my foot is a delayed reaction to chemo, also a frozen elbow, for which I had two operations, and, you might want my autograph, since the elbow has been photographed and featured in a conference California!

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone!
Today I come to you with so much excitement!
My Ex and I broke up 1 year and 2 months ago and i was six months pregnant. We both love each other and it was a shock to me and it really broke my heart. I tried to call him and both of his lines were disconnected. I tried to reach him on social networks but he deleted me off of them. I tried to reach his parents and they told me that their son said that he does not love me and does not want to see me and they do not know what is wrong. I cried and cried everyday because I loved him very much. Until I gave birth and the baby was one year old, I could not get my love back. Again, I was confused. I do not know what to do and I also lost my job and I have no money to take care of the baby. I was miserable in life so I cried to my sister and told her my problem and said that she knew of one powerful spell caster that helped her when she could not get pregnant. I contacted him by email and he said he will help me and told me that a woman cast a spell upon my man and said he will help me break the spell so my man will come back to me and be mine forever. It was a great surprise to me that everything that he said came to pass. My man came back to me immediately, saying that I should forgive him. I am sending a very big thank you to this powerful and real spell caster. I pray for him to live long and do more of his wonderful work. If you have any kind of problem disturbing you in life, you have to contact this powerful spell caster! He can help you. He will not disappoint you, I give you 100% guarantee that he will help you,
Here’s his contact Email: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com
Call or Whats-app him: +2348160153829