Wednesday, September 26, 2018

When dreams come true, it's kind of freaky


On Sunday night I dreamt three things.

1.     I was playing tennis, and my forehand would not go over the net. Someone said I had to get under it more. I tried, and got some, but not all, over.
2.     I bumped into a friend with whom I had had a fallout. He was walking towards the parking lot of The Republican. “Happy New Year!” I said. He looked back and said, “Same to you.”
3.     I had parked my car in the gated lot at work. When I went in to get it, I realized that I needed a key card to get out. I was afraid I would be stuck inside. But I waited a while until a car went out and I followed that driver, and the gate opened and I got out.

On Monday, these things happened.

1.     I was playing tennis, and my forehand kept going into the net. I told my doubles partner that this had happened in my dream, that I got under the ball, and it went over. I tried it. It got a little better.
2.     I went into Starbucks and bumped into the friend I had dreamt about. I told him I dreamt about him. He asked if it was bad. I said that no, I had just wished him Happy New Year. So in real life, I wished him Happy New Year. He wished the same to me.
3.      I parked in the garage in Northampton later that day and went to do some errands. When I got back to my car, I realized that I had lost the ticket. I went to the pay station and pressed the Lost Ticket button. I would have to pay $20.

I canceled the request and wandered around the garage, retracing my steps to try to figure out where the ticket had fallen out of my pocket. No luck. I walked out to see if I could get a new ticket, but it needed the weight of a car. By this time it was pretty late.

A young couple walked into the garage after paying for their “get out of the garage” ticket at the pay station. I asked what they thought would happen if I drove my car out after them. He said that probably the bar would come crashing down on my car. I got an idea. I asked if, for a few bucks, they would drive out and then drive back around to get a ticket and then back out and hand it to me. The guy said, sure. (I hope Dave Molnar isn’t reading this.)

They put their ticket receipt into the machine, drove out and around, got a new ticket and handed it to me. Success! We all smiled. I went to give him the dollar bills I had pulled out of my purse. He said that he wouldn’t take it for a favor. I thanked him and said that it would come back around, and someone would do a favor for him. We went our separate ways, smiles all around.

So….Last night I dreamt that I needed to go on a diet to lose five pounds. Does that mean I need to do it?

I am not overweight but I know the wishful thinking behind the dream. I am not happy with the way that mygraft vs. host disease of the skin has caused my stomach to stick out. It is more than being of a certain age. It has made some of my clothes unwearable and some just plain uncomfortable.  I know it’s a small price to pay, but that doesn’t make me like it any more. It has been described as feeling like there is a band around your stomach. It has to do with the fascia, the layer beneath the skin. Losing weight, alas, isn’t going to do anything for it. That is why I keep getting the ECP, or extracorporeal photopheresis, aka light therapy, aka sunburn of my blood, which has helped soften my skin and keep it from hardening more but alas has not done anything for the popping out thing.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

i want to tell you my testimony of how i was cured of CANCER by Dr. OSE
i had been affected by this illness for the past 3 years and i had been up
to many hospitals and clinics i even tried a surgical procedure but it
yielded no results so i heard of DR OSE from friend who has been
helped by him and i decided to try him out although i was afraid of
scam but i know all men are not the same and i tried his herbal medicine
to my greatest surprise he was able to cure me within 2 weeks and then
i had my health back and i want to refer you to him through this contacts
PHONE NUMBER: +2348144885194
EMAIL ADDRESS: dr.oseherbalspellhome@gmail.com
and then he also has medicine
for the following illnesses
*HIV1/2
*SYPHILIS
*LOW SPERM COUNT
*STROKE
*CANCER