Monday, February 17, 2014

A different kind of exercise

I went jogging today.

Well, not real jogging. Water jogging, actually.

One reason I joined the Y was to use the pool, but I haven't gotten over there to swim yet. With Katie here, I had the motivation to go. First we had lunch in Northampton at Green Bean and then did some errands. Every time I go in that place I get blueberry pancakes, and today was no exception even though it was lunch. Katie ate something healthy, but the waiter told me not to worry, there were antioxidants in the blueberries.

We had packed our stuff and went straight to the Y. I haven't been swimming in ages, and it went OK. I was only able to do a couple of laps freestyle, but I mixed in breast stroke and using a floatie around my waist to jog in the water. I even was able to get out of the pool, which was probably the hardest thing I did.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the makeup Dana-Farber appointment for the one I missed due to last Thursday's snowstorm. With a 90 percent chance of snow, I doubt I'll get there tomorrow either.

No comments: