Monday, October 28, 2013

A day of work and play

One of the benefits of being a freelance writer is that you can wander around after an interview rather than rushing back to the office. Of course one of the drawbacks is not collecting a regular paycheck, but you definitely get to stop and smell the roses.

There were roses and more when I walked along the Bridge of Flowers in Shelburne Falls today. The flowers are mostly past their bloom, but the bridge was still beautiful on a crisp, clear day. I went there after doing an interview nearby for a Yankee Magazine piece that I had pitched. More details on that later.

I got a sandwich at McCuster's Market and then stopped at Shelburne Falls Coffee Roasters for a coffee to go. I was so tired from having stayed up late watching the Red Sox game that I had to take 40 winks in the parking lot. It is one of my excellent skills that I can park and sleep for just about 10 minutes.

Maddie got a good walk when I got home and then fell asleep with her head on my lap while I logged in another night with ice cream and the Red Sox.

No comments: