Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Made it!

The Berkeley Marina
The California jinx has been broken.

I arrived safe and sound at the San Francisco airport today after half-wondering if I would get here.

Looks like the third time's the charm.

I had been to California many years ago, but things did not work out well in the first more recent attempt. That was in 2007 when I had bought airline tickets and made hotel reservations for the kids and me to visit California. I relapsed and went to the hospital instead.

Then in May, when I was supposed to go for my cousin Nancy's 60th birthday bash, I ended up back in the hospital with pneumonia.

I'm so glad that I finally made it.

I'll be spending time with cousins, catching up and seeing the sites. Today I stopped in to say hi to my cousin Nancy's son Jeremy, who works in a restaurant at the Berkeley Marina. What a beautiful place. It's 9 p.m., but my body thinks it's midnight, so I'm f-a-l-l-i-n-g a-s-l-e-e-p.....

1 comment:

PJ said...

Enjoy yourself, you deserve it!