Monday, January 13, 2020

On helpful people, hurtful people & more strange happenings


Brown dog, red thumb
A while back, I graduated from occupational therapy, which was for my hands and wrists, but now I have gone to physical therapy, which is for my neck and shoulder. Because there always has to be something.

Although both are at Cooley Dickinson Rehabilitation Services in Northampton, they are two different departments. The PT for my neck is because of lingering restriction in motion and pain after the car accident, and the shoulder pain was there before but has become exasperated. I was chatting with the PT and told him a tree fell on my house, and he said he knew, because it was in the notes. He seemed to maybe think this was as curious as I did, because it didn’t affect my symptoms, although it did mess with my head. I guess Melissa put it in there for background, just so the PT would know he might be dealing with a doubly traumatized person. (Car accident and tree fall.)

A friend from the old days came over yesterday to help me get the books and the bookshelf out of my room. We had tea and ruggelach. It was nice to catch up. My room is almost emptied out, as is the part of the kitchen that needs repair (the whole area where the table is).

A few more strange things happened, and I am going to put these under the category of people behaving badly. Hopefully my run of it is finished, but as I know from experience, you never know what else will happen.

1. A guy who I hardly know blew up in my face when I said something he didn’t like. He spewed obscenities, getting in my personal space the same way that DT did with Hillary Clinton in that horrible debate. I said not to curse at me, and he cursed some more. I have a thin skin, literally and figuratively.  I wished I had reacted the way I know some of my friends would have done. They would have gotten back in his face. Or maybe calmly walked away. I instead burst into tears and THEN walked away. (Little PTSD going on here.) He shouted after me that I was a prima donna. Sorry if this sounds a little vague due to missing details, but I’m doing it this way for a reason.

2.  In a group email about skin cancer, I wrote that doctors have told me that my squamous cell skin cancers are annoyances that are very unlikely to be fatal.  That was annoyance with a capital A, as I wrote in this post about skin cancer as a chronic disease. Someone wrote that there’s no difference between "the deadly kind" and "the annoying kind on the skin." She said it because she had lost a relative after a misdiagnosis. So it seemed to me that she was invalidating what I said, or suggesting that my doctor had it wrong...and that because her relative's was deadly, mine had to be also. I hate to use such a trendy word as triggered, but, well, I was triggered. I wrote her back, saying so. People can say things behind email, text and Twitter in a way they would not to your face. We exchanged a couple more emails. The last one that I wrote, I didn't send, thinking I would regret it.

I added the photo of the dog because 1) It's a cute one of her eating one of her Christmas cookies, and 2) the red on my hand is from treating pre-cancers with a chemotherapy cream, Efudex.

3. The low tire pressure light went on in my Subaru. This was an annoyance in my old Subaru. It would go on for no reason. But just to be sure, I went to Steve Lewis Subaru. It is closer to me than Bertera Subaru. It was a Saturday. The guy at the desk said it was probably the cold but he said if I waited three hours someone could check it. Oh and also, it would be $14.99. I said, seriously? He said they had to pay the technician. My local service center, Veryl's, has done it before for free. But they weren't open. So I drove around not thinking much about it. On Monday I went to Bertera Subaru. They checked it for free. The tire pressure in the front passenger side was 16 pounds. It is supposed to be 32. The technician checked and found a nail in it. I went down the road to Town Fair Tire and got it patched. I happen to have bought my car at Bertera, but still, should that make a difference in a dealer having the courtesy to check my tire pressure?

In summary it's a good thing I didn't have to add a car accident to my list of woes.

2 comments:

Benjamin Möller said...

Hola!

Could you assist me? Did you try chokeberry?

Thank you!
Julius

Anonymous said...

COLLAGEN INDIA DRINK Collagen is a protein which is the most abundant compound in your bodyIt not only forms connec
tive tissues throughout your body but is also responsible for the construction of your bones and skin too Your body naturally produces collagen every
SKILIXIR MARIN COLLAGEN Day. But over time, that production slows down.
skin called collagenase, which breaks down collagen,” says Debra Julian, MD, author of “Skin Rules: Trade Secrets from a Top New York Dermatologist.”
“After the age of 25, we break down more collagen than we make, so that’s why we start to see fine lines and wrinkles,” she says. You can add more to your
routine by consistently expending nourishments like bone broth and organ meats. On the off chance that these nourishments aren't in your standard turn,