Tuesday, November 3, 2015

What I have, and what I do not have

Today I got the diagnosis for what was making me so sick to my stomach for 20 days, once recently and once in May. It is collagenous colitis,  an inflammatory bowel disease occurring after age 50, in women more than in men. Leave it to me to pick up some weird new thing.

The good news is that it is not caused by graft vs. host disease as suspected, meaning that it would not help to increase my prednisone dose. My lovely new GI doctor said I did not need to take those courses of flagyl and Cipro, although I did need to take the non-absorbable steroid Budesonide, which I now need to continue using until December. Then I can taper.

It is set off my some unknown cause and unfortunately can happen again. But it is benign, so I really can't complain. Oh by the way I have lost about 10 pounds during all of this.

I know what finally made it stop. I kept canceling the pizza mixers at Enfield until finally, with my month running out on my free mixer, I decided to just go, even though I was still having problems. I told Karen at the club that I was going to eat pizza and it would cure me. And sure enough, that's what happened. A scientific study would not find a link, but maybe the pizza scared it out of me.

On another food note, I woke up this morning with a terrible headache. Tylenol didn't work, so I tried Ibuprofen, which finally did the trick. I think it came on last night as I was eating some vegetable tempura to take a break from the chicken stew that I had prepared in an effort to get me through a few days. Living alone, I am not so great about eating a good dinner as I was when Joe was here. I thought some avocado roll and the tempura from Iya Sushi and Noodle would be an inexpensive and healthy alternative to what I had on hand.

Anyway, my rational mind won over when I resisted the temptation to look up "Signs of an an aneurysm," although I just did it and saw that a sudden, severe headache is one. But there are others too, so I feel safe in ruling that out.

Instead, I searched, "Does Japanese food cause headaches" and saw that the miso and soy sauce served with it can be culprits. Since I have had no problems with soy sauce before, I figured it was the miso that came with my vegetable tempura.

So that is what I have and what I do not have.

3 comments:

ben rita said...

5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com  

Rita said...

I'm 40 years old female I tested genital herpes (HSV1-2) positive in 2002. I was having bad outbreaks. EXTREMELY PAINFUL. I have try different kinds of drugs and treatment by the medical doctors all to know was avail. Six months ago I was desperately online searching for a helpful remedies for genital herpes (HSV1-2) cure, which i come across some helpful remedies on how Dr OYAGU have help so many people in curing genital herpes (HSV1-2) with the help of herbal treatment because I too believe there is someone somewhere in the world who can cure herpes completely. At of the past 2 months, however, I've been following his herpes protocol Via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or +2348101755322 and it stopped all outbreaks completely! To my greatest surprise I was cured completely by following the protocol of his herbal medicine . Don't be discouraged by the medical doctors. There is a cure for HSV with the help of herbs and roots by a herbalist Dr call Dr OYAGU he is so kind and truthful with his herbal treatment, kindly contact him for more information Via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or WhatsApp DR on +2348101755322 you will be lucky as i am today

Rita said...

I'm 40 years old female I tested genital herpes (HSV1-2) positive in 2002. I was having bad outbreaks. EXTREMELY PAINFUL. I have try different kinds of drugs and treatment by the medical doctors all to know was avail. Six months ago I was desperately online searching for a helpful remedies for genital herpes (HSV1-2) cure, which i come across some helpful remedies on how Dr OYAGU have help so many people in curing genital herpes (HSV1-2) with the help of herbal treatment because I too believe there is someone somewhere in the world who can cure herpes completely. At of the past 2 months, however, I've been following his herpes protocol Via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or +2348101755322 and it stopped all outbreaks completely! To my greatest surprise I was cured completely by following the protocol of his herbal medicine . Don't be discouraged by the medical doctors. There is a cure for HSV with the help of herbs and roots by a herbalist Dr call Dr OYAGU he is so kind and truthful with his herbal treatment, kindly contact him for more information Via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or WhatsApp DR on +2348101755322 you will be lucky as i am today