Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tales of a wandering Jew

The next five days will involve a lot of hopping, skipping and jumping.

Tonight, I am going to the house Where They Do Not Overcook the Fish (Diane and David's), because I have an 8 a.m. dermatology appointment tomorrow in Boston, scheduled that way to back up to the Dana-Farber appointment that I thought was this week but was actually last week.

(I thought of canceling but I want Dr. Lin to look at the suspicious spots that seem to appear all the time.)

Tuesday I head down to New York via Fairfield and the Metro North to see Raining Jane and Jason Mraz at Radio City Music Hall; after that exciting event I will spend the night in the village at an apartment that my cousin Nancy is renting. She is leaving the next morning, and because I need to be in the city for Rosh Hashanah services at the 92nd Street Y on Thursday, I'm going to hang around Wednesday and sleep at my friend Margie's apartment that night. Thursday I'll meet Ben for services, have our traditional lunch out and then take a subway to Queens for dinner with my father's side of the family, spend the night there (at my cousin Betsy's) and then take a subway to Grand Central for another Metro North train to Fairfield, where I will pick up my car and drive home.

If you haven't managed to get through the whole preceding paragraph, I will summarize: three nights, three different places, both sides of the family, much to celebrate, friends to see, music to be heard ...and much to make me tired.

Someone asked me why I planned so many things in a short amount of time. The answer is that I didn't plan them, they just happened.

I can sleep on all those trains and hope I don't miss any of my stops.

To all of my Jewish friends and relatives, best wishes for a "gut, gezunt yor" – a happy, healthy New Year!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

From your honorary-Jewish Gentile Friend!

xop