Monday, September 24, 2012

Mitt Romney, under my skin

This is not a political blog, but since I am a politics junkie (42 days until the election!), I must take a minute to report on a peculiar dream I had last night about Mitt Romney.

I was walking along Main Street in Springfield towards my old job at the newspaper when I came upon Romney and an assistant doing coin tricks for a sparse crowd. Romney's hair was out of place, his nose looked particularly large, and his skin looked bad. (The skin thing probably relates to coverage of Romney's darker complexion during an interview with Univision addressing concerns for Latino voters; some say he applied a quick tan to look more like them.)

In the dream, he approached me and asked what I thought of his campaign, and I sidestepped, saying, "It's too early in the morning for me to have an opinion."

Then I shook his hand and moved on, desperately seeking coffee to clear my head.

When I got to work, I told people that I had really given Romney a piece of my mind. "You did?" they asked. "No, not really," I replied. "I chickened out."

Dreaming about Mitt Romney is a little eeuw. At least I didn't dream about him in bed, a possibility given publicity about a TV interview in which, when asked what he wears to bed, he replied, "As little as possible." Puleese. Couldn't he pivot away from the question?

This is all taking up too much space in my brain. Maybe I should stop reading so much about the election or stop watching so much politics TV. (I can't wait for "Hardball" tonight!)

But I can't stop. I am sure I'm not alone.

Early voting has started!

5 comments:

Robin said...

This made me chuckle (and I'm Canadian).

Anonymous said...

at least he didn't put Maddie on the roof of his car and drive away with her! that would be a real nightmare -- as you know, he did that to his lab years ago!

xop

Ronni Gordon said...

It was his Irish Setter, Seamus!

Anonymous said...

germokilThanks! i rescued a Sheltie and named him Seamus -- he was found on the highway -- maybe he fell off of some Romney fan's roof...

xop

Nelle said...

I am so turned off to Romney but on Facebook people are posting nonstop in favor of their candidates. I actually had to unfriend someone who kept attacking all my friends for their views. (She was my one Republican friend.)I told her after the election she will be reinstated.