Friday, July 20, 2012

A better week

I feel mostly mended after my bad few days the week before.

I started feeling better on Sunday, when Ben and I took our third annual trip to Newport to see the finals at the Tennis Hall of Fame tournament, held on grass courts.

It was a Hanukkah present and a great idea. We get to spend time with each other in a beautiful place and watch good tennis players up close. We had lunch in a restaurant with a view of the water, walked around, and then saw John Isner, the returning champion, defeat Llyeton Hewitt 7-6 (7-1), 6-4.

We're both on the same page about Starbucks, so we fueled our way there and back with a cup of coffee.

On Monday and Wednesday I played doubles and on Wednesday night went to yoga. It was, as everyone knows, really hot, and at one point in yoga I felt sick to my stomach and had to stop and do legs up the wall. But I made it through the rest of the class.

Today I am packing up for a weekend on the Cape with Diane, David and Sam, with a stop at Rook's for a bike ride and dinner with Rook and his wife, Annie.

I've only ridden my bike once, so I'm not sure how I'll do. I'm sure I'll get help from encouragement by Rook. I just have to make sure I don't fall over.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful week. I would love to see that tournament. How fun!