Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Heading to Brandeis for 'Bar/Bat Mitzvah'

I am heading to the Boston area this afternoon, not for a medical appointment as usual, but more happily to see Katie in her last ever a cappella concert at Brandeis when her group, Proscenium, celebrates 13 years with its Bar/Bat Mitzvah.

I have seen her in a lot of shows and am always all smiles, but for some reason Proscenium never fails to bring tears to my eyes. I had shed a different kind of tears when the toothache from hell caused me to miss the last performance, crying my eyes out while lying on the couch in the most terrible pain. (The tooth is gone, as are ten others, but that is another story.)

So now I am doubly glad to be able to go. These wonderful singers and beautiful people have been such a wonderful part of her wonderful Brandeis experience, which I cannot believe is about to end!

It has been a rainy couple of days, so I am glad that I did my mini-run in between showers on Monday. I added another loop around the lower lake, making it probably almost two miles from start to finish. I would rather go around the more scenic upper lake, but since no tripping is allowed, I save that one for dog walks when I can keep an eye out for roots and other obstacles.

1 comment:

Jonny said...

Haven't checked in for a while, but glad to hear you're doing ok. Been to Holyoke a few times to see Liv, but never enough time to say 'Hi" to you. I pick her up in a few days. If it's not one of the typical up and down scenes, I'll try and give you a heads up. Glad you're doing ok. Jonny