Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Annoyed

I had almost forgotten about the biopsy that I had on the tiny spot on my forehead, so when my dermatologist, Dr. Lieu,  called today to say it was another squamous cell I was a little surprised.

It's the usual – in situ – or on the skin, but still I need to apply a chemotherapy cream to it for a few weeks.

Our conversation about some swelling and stiffness in my left hand was more disconcerting. I have had trouble flattening out that hand for a while and thought I might be developing arthritis. I am going to bring this up with my internist when I see him Monday. But lately I have noticed swelling also. I brought this up with Dr. Lieu by way of wondering if this is related to the GVHD on other areas of my skin. She said yes it is more likely that and less likely arthritis and that I should probably come in before my next scheduled appointment.

I don't mind not doing the perfect down dog but I would rather that hand not curl up on me since I need it for writing.

I might have to increase my prednisone dose, which of course is not the way I want to go. Another possibility previously mentioned is ECP, or Extracorporeal photopheresis. I found this definition on the website of the National Institutes of Health: ECP is a cell-based immunomodulatory therapy that involves collecting leukocytes from peripheral blood. These cells are exposed to a photosensitizing agent, 8-methoxypsoralen, and are then treated with ultraviolet (uv) radiation, after which they are re-infused. 

This would require twice a week for a ridiculous amount of time. Plus Boston might be the only place it could be done. She will talk to Melissa and they will see if they can arrive at some alternatives.

1 comment:

moore said...

My name is MOORE I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Osemuhau herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.Osemuhau herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. can contact him drosemuhau@gmail.com {) or call or what-apps him through +2348168714427