Thursday, January 22, 2015

Trip to the ER and back

Mom's chicken soup
While somebody in a bar somewhere was ordering a martini with a twist, I was in the emergency room asking for some Zofran in my IV to combat the nausea and vomiting from the previous few days.

I was tested and released without anything definitive showing up except obviously for a stomach virus.

When Joe brought me home Tuesday night I felt a little better and was able to keep down some Campbell's chicken rice soup, but then yesterday, after going to Whole Foods in search of something healthier and eating some of their "Mom's Chicken Soup," I got the worst stomach cramps.

Moral of this part of the story: I am sticking to the more bland version that my mother made in our galley kitchen in New York.

I thought I might get to tennis today to hit some balls in preparation for Saturday's match, but that was a no-go. Feeling a little better towards the end of the day and not wanting to totally embarrass myself after not
Cooked tennis ball, anyone?
playing all week, I practiced a drill that we have been doing at our clinics – bouncing a tennis ball and then hitting forehand/backhand as many times as you can, and then trying it as a volley.

But this was a no-go also, as you can see from the photo showing where the ball landed.

Meanwhile, I got an e-mail from Dr. Lin reporting that the "little guy" she removed from next to my left eye was not a squamous cell but merely precancerous.

This goes to show that although it is not always good to look at yourself too closely in the mirror, sometimes it pays off.

1 comment:

Perseus PCI said...

Ronni, your blog and life story are so inspiring. And about this post, it is great that you were able to see the precancerous cell before it turned into something worse.

I also couldn't help thinking about when you said you were searching for some healthier food. Here is some information about 4 foods cancer fighters should try: http://www.perseuspci.com/four-foods-cancer-patients-try-healthier-lifestyle/ It might be very beneficial to you and help with your stomach cramps.