Saturday, October 18, 2014

Annoying little problem

While singing the praises of outdoor tennis yesterday, I forgot to mention that gnats, or some such little thing, were congregating around my face, biting my forehead and every part of my eyes that they could get to.

I kept rubbing my eye, which is the only reason I can think of for the subconjunctival-hemorrhage that the doctor who was kind enough to see me yesterday diagnosed. That sounds more scary than what it actually is: a broken blood vessel in my right eye.

I noticed Thursday night that it did indeed look like a broken blood vessel. When I woke up yesterday, my whole eye was red, leading me to suspect pink eye, although I couldn't think of any place I might have caught it.

My eye stings and burns and would look good for Halloween. But it won't last that long. It should resolve by itself in a few days as long as I don't rub it anymore.

No comments: