Thursday, July 6, 2017

From dermatology to dinner and theater...hopefully


When you need to go to Boston for a dermatology appointment, forgot to book a ride because you were writing, need to drive yourself but first need to go to body sculpt class at the Y and then get overcome by the urge to pull weeds and pine needles out of the garden (without putting on sunscreen or gloves) and need to answer emails and realize you have half an hour to get ready and get out of the house. And also write this post. Today I am my own crazy driver.

I wrote this for Facebook but moved it over to my blog. I'm not sure why, except maybe it inspired me to write a post. I've been remiss.

I need to drive to Chestnut Hill to see dermatologist Stephanie Liu, who is in the same office as dermatologist Jennifer Lin, who I saw recently on a day where they would not let me book an appointment when Stephanie was in the office. I assume it is because of insurance. They look at different aspects of my skin but must have the same office code for a checkup. I told Dr. Alyea that although I like Stephanie very much, I felt it was a duplication and I was thinking of not going to see her again. He said I should see all of them. I lost count.

Dr. Liu is director of the Graft vs Host clinic and specializes in subcutaneous dermatology, with knowledge about layers of the skin. So, two doctors, two trips, for different layers. We will discuss my ECP schedule and my continuing issues with rippling my Graft vs. Host of the Skin.

I assume she will also look at the top layer because I have been watching (OK, also picking at) some flaky spots, the flakiness signaling possible squamous cell cancer. I got obsessed wth a couple of dark spots on the back of my calf and went into a melanoma whirlwind in my head. I sent Dr. Lin some photos but she did not write back. 

So today I will see.

I hope they don't keep me waiting the usual forever.

I'm trying to get back for a "girlfriend" dinner and outing to the New Century Theatre's performance of "The Foreigner," directed by Jack Neary at PVPA. 

Good for them to have shows at PVPA and the Academy of Music after leaving their home at Smith College in what artistic director Sam Rush called an "amicable divorce from the college. I've been following Sam and Jack and the rest of the Mount Holyoke College Summer Theater crew since my T-T days and am glad that they're continuing the tradition.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This information is impressive; I am inspired with your post writing style & how continuously you describe this topic.


Pawn Shop

Pawn Loans

Pawn Shops

Pawn Loan

Pawn Shop near me