Wednesday, May 13, 2015

River view, recovery mode

Connecticut River view from Canoe Club
George's "air-conditioned" court by the river
It was great to be outside playing tennis on the clay courts at the Holyoke Canoe Club from 9 a.m. to noon, with a view of the river, as opposed to having a needle in my arm from  8 to 10 and 11 to 2 at Dana-Farber, albeit with a nice view of Boston.

The conditions were tricky, with the wind whipping up clouds of clay. I could hear my father's voice: "You can't complain. Tennis is an outside sport."

As usual, George's Wednesday clinic was fun, with something always to learn and good partners and opponents.

Still, I did not have my usual joie-de-tennis. I am drained after working so hard to stay on top of my logistical challenges the past two days.

When I got home last night I expected to crash, but instead, deprived of my daily exercise, I could not settle down. I stayed up past midnight but still woke up at my usual early hour. The short night probably accounts for my flat-lined feeling.

The words of support that people wrote yesterday helped immensely.

Hopefully I can get to sleep earlier tonight.

No comments: