Saturday, June 28, 2014

Now I'm even losing teeth in my dreams

It could be worse: Bryan Cranston could be my dentist.
I feel awful talking about my teeth when I know people who have big problems like relapses and secondary cancers, but here's the thing: This dental business is giving me terrible nightmares. Maybe it will help to write about it, so please forgive me.

Plus I have managed to crack myself up by finding this photo of Bryan Cranston as the dentist on Seinfeld.

A couple of weeks ago I dreamt that I had gotten together with a friend who dislikes anything artificial. She reached into my mouth and yanked out my bridge, leaving me holding it in my hand and not knowing what to do with it.

Last night in my dream I was eating Tootsie Rolls. These are a favorite that I will never have again. But in the dream I was chewing and chewing, and one got stuck on the roof of my mouth. Out came that damn bridge again. It was the weekend, and I had to go to an emergency room to find a dentist on call. Some women gave me a pain pill. Then in the dream a dentist put me under anesthesia, and when I woke up the bridge was back in.

Separation anxiety having to do with a false tooth! Yikes.

I guess I am slightly traumatized by having lost 11, or maybe 12, teeth. (I kind of lost track.)

But it could be worse.

No comments: