Monday, April 29, 2013

Destination Boston

I have been going back and forth to the Boston area a lot these days, so much so that I think my car might know how to get there itself.

Katie and I went back to Brandeis after the wedding, then I drove home and went back for her a cappella spring show yesterday. Tomorrow I need to go to Boston proper for an appointment with the GI doctor. Then in about a week I'll return to Brandeis to bring Katie home.

It took so long to get an appointment with the GI doctor that my throwing up problem has long since resolved. But it will be interesting to find out exactly why it happened and hopefully get a prescription for some medicine in case it happens again.

I don't know what it is about these a cappella performances, but as soon as the group comes on stage and I see my beautiful smiling daughter and the rest of the talented group, my eyes fill with tears. I sniffled through much of the performance of Broadway show tunes. I wish they could afford to make a good-quality recording. They started out with "Seasons of Love" from "Rent" (sniffle sniffle) and a song that Katie arranged, "Breathe" from "In the Heights," another beauty. The one that really gets me is "Being Alive" from "Company." And then on a lighter note, they do "I Wish I Could Go Back to College" from "Avenue Q." After seeing how much fun they were having, who wouldn't want to go back?

Afterwards we had bagels with Jim and then, highly caffeinated, I drove back home. After sitting all day, I really wanted to go for a little run. Since it was getting dark, I made it little indeed. Not wanting to make a crash landing at the end, I cut it short even though I could have gone farther. As my father would say, "Good clear thinking."


No comments: