Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Busy day

I had a busy day yesterday, with physical therapy that wore me out, followed by two assignments that made it feel like a full work day in the old days of having a regular job.

First I attended a seminar at Holyoke Community College on women and criminal justice, followed by an interview with the professor for a faculty profile. It was an interesting seminar, focusing on prostitution.

Next I went to the Sixteen Acres section of Springfield to meet with a young man who is one of four community college students from unsettled home situations now living in a nice house where they are receiving all kinds of support through a new endeavor called the Millbrook Scholars Program. That one's for the new on-line magazine, Speaking of Springfield.

I could have written it last night, but I thought that first I'd read a little of our book club book, Laura Hillenbrand's "Unbroken." Before I knew it, it was 11:30 p.m.

So today I am writing. Back at the paper, some of us were known for eating our way through a story, which meant frequent trips to the vending machine. My version today was coming to the Thirsty Mind and eating a piece of cake with coffee.

I have to finish so I can go to tennis, and then to a debate watching party!

The polls showing a tighter race are making me a little nervous, so I could use some support.

No comments: