Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ben and Meg's engagement party

Smiles and sunshine were in abundance yesterday at Ben and Meghan's engagement party at the New Canaan, Conn. home of Meg's aunt and uncle, Carol and Peter McKeever.

The party was a chance for the Toumey and Doody families to get together. I hadn't seen Meg's sister, parents and brother since Fairfield graduation, and I hadn't met some of her relatives and friends.

Everyone got along famously. Because the weather was so nice, we were able to eat outside on a terrace overlooking a beautiful big lawn. Her family told me how happy they were to have such a wonderful young man marry Meghan, and I told them how happy I am to have wonderful Meghan marry Ben. Her father made a toast that included this information: 301 days until the wedding. You could figure that out, or I could tell you that the date is April 20, 20013.

People were taking pictures in every possible combination, even taking pictures of people taking pictures.

Here are some of my favorites:



The happy couple



Proud mother with groom-to-be



Me, Joe, Ben, Meg and Diane



Meg's sister Kerry took a lot of photos.



No comments: