Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bye-bye hospital, hello home (I hope)

They sent me home to Diane's on Saturday. I hadn't had a fever for about five says, so they were satisfied that the infection had backed off. I do have a bad cough, but they said it's probably just irritation from the infection. So they gave me cough medicine with codeine and said not to worry about it. Also, I'm still losing weight and having trouble keeping food down. Solution: take a little Ativan before meals, getting hungry and sleepy at the same time. I do have some Compazine, but it doesn't work as well.

Melissa said that if my bloodwork looks OK tomorrow, I might be able to have clinic visits twice a week, Monday and Thursday, instead of Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If I drop down to twice a week, I could go home for the weekend, which I really would love to do.

Diane and David are being great. They wash my clothes, make my dinner and are very helpful in terms of both my emotional and physical needs. But I want to go home!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY, Ronni! I'll be praying that you go home very soon! Love, Your "old" friend, Nancy

chip said...

we can't wait to see you./...home awaits...we do too...chip and carolyn////

Meryl Fingrutd said...

I'm counting the days until you get back here and add some class to our neighborhood. If your tummy is feeling unsettled, try things with ginger- I think it really works to settle a queasy stomach. Keep up the good work.

Love,
Meryl

PJ said...

Ah, to be home again. Sounds like you're getting close. Better start clicking your heals together. I've seen that work in movies.

Susan said...

I admired a pretty very little pink tree in the corner near-ish your swing-set while walking this am -- and hoped you would get home to see the yard soon. Glad to hear this news - and will keep fingers crossed for good counts tomorrow.

SRS

Wendy S. Harpham, MD said...

baby steps, baby steps - a painstakingly slow means of moving forward, but sometimes the best option.

a trick that sometimes helps: play a mind game where instead of comparing how you are today to how you were yesterday, compare yourself to two weeks ago or two months ago.

A baby step forward is a step in the right direction.

Sending wishes for patience, strength and hope. Wendy

Ann said...

There really is no place like home. I'm crossing my fingers that you're able to have those weekend visist.

donna said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Click your heels three times.....I am so happy your are almost home!!!! From Treeger

Jeanne said...

So glad to hear you are looking at coming home soon :)

Susan C said...

Hoping, hoping you get to see that pretty pink tree by the swing set soon.

susiegb said...

Really great news - I'm sure it won't be long till you're in your own home again :)

Nelle said...

OH how I hope and pray you will be home to enjoy the weekend.
Happy Mother's Day!
Hugs,
Nelle